Banking and Finance
Corporate and M&A
Energy, Power, Projects & Infrastructure
Government Affairs NEEDS CONTENT
IP, IT and Telecoms
Real Estate and Construction NEEDS CONTENT
Tax NEEDS CONTENT
- Advised the European Investment Bank ("EIB") in addition to a syndication of international and local banks granting a loan facility to the sponsors of an LNG project in Egypt for the construction of two LNG Trains. Transaction Value: approx US$ 1.8 billion.
- Advised the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (the "EBRD") in an US$ 45 million aircraft financing transaction covering complex transactions between entities in the Arab Republic of Egypt, France, the Russian Federation, the Peoples Republic of Chain and the Cayman Islands.
- Advised DEG one of the largest European development finance institutions on legal aspects of loans extended to Egyptian borrowers.
- Advised Morgan Stanley International ("MSIL") on different debt and equity related issues.
- Advised International Financial Corporation ("IFC") on several loans extended to Egyptian borrowers in 2006, the most significant of which is a US$20 million loan to EFG Hermes Holding, the leading Investment Banking Firm in Egypt.
- Acted as local Counsel for Mitsubishi Heavy Industries on a contract for the construction of a vessel for the Suez Canal Authority.
- Advised the Juhayna Group, one of Egypt’s leading dairy products manufacturers, in the acquisition of one of its competitor’s establishments in Egypt ("Domti"). Mr. Moustafa Moustafa and Rasheed Kamel advised
- Advised Vicat, the French international cement group, on a 22 Million Euros acquisition of shares in Sinai Cement Company.
- Advised SWPCC and Aalborg Portland, Cementir Group on the Acquisition of shares, for an undisclosed sum, in Sinai White Portland Cement Company ("SWPCC").
- Advised Franke Holding AG, a Swiss based international holding company for a number of businesses involved in food production on the Approx. EGP 42 Million acquisition of shares in Nile Metallic Industries Company S.A.E., a listed company.
- Advised Akzo Nobel Coatings International BV, the international manufacturer of high performance protective coatings on the acquisition of shares in Coatech for Chemical Industries S.A.E for an undisclosed sum.
- Advised EFG-Hermes Private Equity in the acquisition of a controlling interest in a steel factory in Egypt.
- Advised Actis, a private equity investor, on its bid, through a fund managed for part of an 18.7% stake in one of Egypt’s leading private sector banks. The stake was held by the National Bank of Egypt on behalf of the Egyptian government.
- Advised Essar Group, one of the leading Indian Groups, in its bid for the acquisition of the Egyptian government's interest in the Suez Steel Company.
- Advised Citigroup Global Markets Limited, in connection with their appointment as exclusive financial advisor to the Egyptian Ministry of Investment in connection with the privatization of Bank of Alexandria.
- Advised a prospective bidder on its bid for the acquisition of the Egyptian government’s interest in Alexandria Mineral Oil Company (AMOC).
- Acting as local legal counsel to Boeing in litigation brought against Boeing before the Egyptian Courts by the families of the victims on board the Egypt Air Flight crash on October 31st 1999 and advising on Egyptian law with regard to litigation pending in the US.
- Advising on points of Egyptian Law as it affects pending litigation in France and USA brought against Boeing by the families of the victims on board Flash Airlines as a result of the crash of one of its aircraft over the red sea.
- Acting for Southern Pacific Properties Limited and SPP (Middel East) Limited in the Pyramid Oasis arbitration before ICSID against the Government of Egypt held in Paris. This was the most important arbitration that has taken concerning Egypt in recent years.
- Represented Agypetco Oil and Gas Gmbh in the Egyptian courts and an ICC arbitration held in Paris against the Egyptian Government and the Egyptian General Petroleum Corporation (“EGPC”)
- Represented Kier International on an arbitration relating to a dispute with the Greater Cairo Wastewater Organization concerning the construction of certain works forming part of the Greater Cairo Wastewater project
- Represented ALTA Telecommunication before the International Chamber of Commerce ICC, Paris, France.
- Advised US Ministry of Justice regarding international foreign litigation.
- Advised the European Investment Bank ("EIB") The project’s sponsors are; Egyptian General Petroleum Corporation “EGPC”; Egyptian Natural Gas Holding “EGAS”; British Gas Asia Pacific Holding “BG”; Petronas and Gaz de France International S.A.“GDF”. in addition to a syndication of international and local banks granting a loan facility to the sponsors of an LNG project in Egypt for the construction of two LNG Trains. Transaction Value: approx US$ 1.8 billion.
- Advising Gaz de France (GdF) on the negotiation of a concession with the Egyptian Government.
- Advising Electricite De France (“EDF”) in review and preparation of its BOOT project with the Egyptian Government including legal audit, due diligences, review of contracts corporate, labor and litigation issues. In addition, to ongoing activity with respect to Dr. Kamel and Mr. Moustafa Moustafa advised.
- Advising Alstom group of companies on the legal aspects of the maintenance of electrical power stations in Egypt and in the restructuring of their activities. The said restructuring involved the sale of one of their Egyptian subsidiaries and the internal restructuring of three of their local subsidiaries.
- Advising the Indian Farmers Fertilizer Cooperative limited (IFFCL), in the establishment of a fertilizer free zone project in Egypt.
- Advised Phoenicia, an international Lebanese based company, running tax free shops in numerous airports, on its bid for the management of the tax free shops at the new Sharm El Sheik terminal.
Representative work includes:
- Advising Telecom Italia with respect to its bid for the third mobile license
- Act as local Counsel to France Telecom/Orange
- Advising the Scottish Whisky Association in relation to counterfeit goods