Banking and Finance (Including Shipping & Aviation)
- Advised the European Investment Bank ("EIB") in addition to a syndication of international and local banks granting a loan facility to the sponsors of an LNG project in Egypt for the construction of two LNG Trains. Transaction Value: approx US$ 1.8 billion.
- Advised the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (the "EBRD") in an US$ 45 million aircraft financing transaction covering complex transactions between entities in the Arab Republic of Egypt, France, the Russian Federation, the Peoples Republic of Chain and the Cayman Islands.
- Advised DEG one of the largest European development finance institutions on legal aspects of loans extended to Egyptian borrowers.
- Advised Morgan Stanley International ("MSIL") on different debt and equity related issues.
- Advised International Financial Corporation ("IFC") on several loans extended to Egyptian borrowers in 2006, the most significant of which is a US$20 million loan to EFG Hermes Holding, the leading Investment Banking Firm in Egypt.
- Acted as local Counsel for Mitsubishi Heavy Industries on a contract for the construction of a vessel for the Suez Canal Authority.