Energy & Power, Projects & Infrastructure
- Advised the European Investment Bank ("EIB") The project’s sponsors are; Egyptian General Petroleum Corporation “EGPC”; Egyptian Natural Gas Holding “EGAS”; British Gas Asia Pacific Holding “BG”; Petronas and Gaz de France International S.A.“GDF”. in addition to a syndication of international and local banks granting a loan facility to the sponsors of an LNG project in Egypt for the construction of two LNG Trains. Transaction Value: approx US$ 1.8 billion.
- Advising Gaz de France (GdF) on the negotiation of a concession with the Egyptian Government.
- Advising Electricite De France (“EDF”) in review and preparation of its BOOT project with the Egyptian Government including legal audit, due diligences, review of contracts corporate, labor and litigation issues. In addition, to ongoing activity with respect to Dr. Kamel and Mr. Moustafa Moustafa advised.
- Advising Alstom group of companies on the legal aspects of the maintenance of electrical power stations in Egypt and in the restructuring of their activities. The said restructuring involved the sale of one of their Egyptian subsidiaries and the internal restructuring of three of their local subsidiaries.
- Advising the Indian Farmers Fertilizer Cooperative limited (IFFCL), in the establishment of a fertilizer free zone project in Egypt.
- Advised Phoenicia, an international Lebanese based company, running tax free shops in numerous airports, on its bid for the management of the tax free shops at the new Sharm El Sheik terminal.